Wednesday, September 07, 2016

tsukasa

Met up with Mayumi the other day for lunch at Tsukasa.

Satoshi and I have eaten here a couple of times, and I thought I blogged about it, but apparently I never have.

This restaurant specializes in cuisine from the Tosa area (Kochi prefecture).

I ordered the yakisabazushi set...1280 yen (tax included).

The sushi rice has lots of yuzu in it.

Yuzu is also grown in Kochi prefecture.

The saba (mackerel) is grilled.

It was unusual to have a "warm" sushi but this was delicious!

The saba was smoky with lots of flavor.

My set also came with some simmered veggies, chawanmushi (savory custard) and miso soup.

Mayumi had their katsuo tataki set...1280 yen (tax included).

Katsuo Tataki, a specialty of the area, is bonito that is seared on the outside but keeping the inside raw.

The tataki is usually served with sliced onions, sliced garlic and ponzu (citrusy soy sauce).

This is also Satoshi's favorite.

Her set also came with grilled eggplant, simmered veggies and some other items I didn't catch.

It was nice catching up with her and I'm glad she invited me to meet up.

Thanks for a great day!

Tsukasa
Hankyu Sanbangai B2, South Wing
Umeda, Osaka
Phone: 06.6372.8815
Hours: 11:00-22:00
Open when Sanbangai is

7 comments:

Happy Little Bento said...

Yum! Looks so good!

Rowena said...

that saba sushi rocks!!!

K and S said...

it was really good Sheri!

I think you would've enjoyed this Rowena!

Take care you two.
Kat

KirkK said...

Looks really good Kat!

K and S said...

it really was, Kirk!

Take care.
Kat

K said...

Yum that saba looks delicious!

K and S said...

it was really nice K!

Take care.
Kat