Thursday, August 04, 2016

made it!

Yesterday was a L-O-N-G day...

BFF was nice to drop me off at the airport on her way to work, so I was there a little before 6:00...Unfortunately, the JAL counter did not open until 7:45...boo!

I people watched until then, since I didn't want to drag my luggage around with me to look for breakfast...

After checking in, I had a leisurely breakfast at Starbucks.

FYI: there is still no free WIFI at the airport...I believe Hawaii is the last International airport in the world not to have free wifi, 1st world problems...

We had a relatively full plane and economy seats have changed on JAL, every seat has gotten 10 centimeters more leg room. I've never had a problem with leg room (because I'm short), but can understand what tall people must go through.

I've been wanting to see this movie, "If cats disappeared from the world".

FYI: This movie should be watched in the privacy of your home, talk about kleenex moments!

As we approached Narita, a sudden rain storm appeared in the area, so instead of landing, we had to circle another 30 minutes...

Luckily, my connection wasn't for another 2 hours.

Part of our lunch was this Tropilicious Strawberry Haupia Ice Cream, and part of our snack before landing were these Big Island Candies cookies.

While flying from Narita to Itami (Osaka), JAL allowed us to use their in-flight WIFI for 15 minutes at no charge.

That's how I took the first photo.

From the airport, it was a little over 30 minutes, but at least by 20:00 I was home.

My bags were opened by TSA, and will be delivered tomorrow...something about me arriving at Itami after 15:00 so the bags would be picked up from the airport on Thursday and delivered on Friday...

Just hope that everything will be intact.

Will be going grocery shopping and start cooking tonight.

Hope your week is going well.

4 comments:

Rowena said...

glad to hear you made it home safely, and hope your plants on the lanai are all okay!

K and S said...

amazingly "everyone" on the lanai is okay, Rowena :)

Take care.
Kat

K said...

I hope your luggage also makes it home safe!

K and S said...

it was delivered on Friday, K!...chocolates were melted but everything else was intact :)

Take care.
Kat