Sunday, December 07, 2014

ramen santouka

The weather yesterday was fahreezing! I think the high was 8C(46F) but the wind was blustery, making it colder for sure.

Lunch was at Ramen Santouka.

There are so many ramen places in Osaka, that there is no way to stay on top of all of them. I actually heard about this place from Kirk and Dennis' blogs...here and here.

I also recently found out (from Kirk) that they had a shop in Osaka, so I told Satoshi that we were having ramen for lunch. Of course, any mention of ramen or gyoza and he's game...

I ordered the shoyu ramen...the broth is tonkotsu plus shoyu, I think...really rich...810 yen (tax included)

Satoshi ordered their kara-meshi...360 yen (tax included). Rice topped with chunky pieces of char siu, an oozy poached egg, green onions and their spicy sauce.

I had a bite of this...yum! The runny egg makes the spiciness quite mild.

Satoshi also ordered the Asahikawa ramen, this was shoyu based and the broth is made from fish, this was light...810 yen (tax included).

I think next time I'm ordering this.

There are other items we are curious to try...We'll be back.

Ramen Santouka (UPDATE: 2016 this location not in business)
2-1-18 Sonezaki Shinchi, Dai-san Hirakawa Building 1F
Kita-ku, Osaka
Phone: 06.6343.6565
Weekdays: 11:00-24:00
Weekends: 11:00-21:00

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

There is one next to Donki in Honolulu as well. When it 1st opened the wait time was an hour! I've also been to one in IL at the Japanese grocery we shop at when we are there.

Alan

K and S said...

We noticed they have one in HNL, Alan, on their website. I usually don't eat ramen when I am in Hawaii, mostly saimin, if anything :) usually too warm to be eating soupy things.

Take care!
Kat

K said...

Yum, everything looks delicious!

KirkK said...

Hi Kat - Sadly, I don't think they have the Asahikawa ramen at our local Santouka. It's our go-to place here in the land of hipster ramen....

K and S said...

it was K :)

guess each location has some different items Kirk!

Take care you two!
Kat

Phil said...

Looks fantastic! Would have hit the spot on such a cold day!

K and S said...

it really did Phil!

Take care:)
Kat