Monday, December 08, 2014

chaina

It has been a couple of months since we've been to Chaina, the tiny Chinese restaurant in our area.

We try to make sure we get there when the place opens because the guy that's cooking usually takes a while before the food starts coming out.

Plus, there aren't many seats so it fills up fast!

I ordered the daily special, which was a bowl of mabo tofu, some steamed dumplings, a spring roll, some salad, rice & egg drop soup...850 yen (tax included).

So filling! and the mabo tofu had a nice amount of ground szechuan pepper on it.

It was my first time trying the mabo tofu but I liked this.

Super spicy but addicting. I couldn't believe I ate everything!

Satoshi ate his usual, stamina set...900 yen (tax included) this is stir fried beef with garlic shoots. It also comes with karaage (fried chicken), gyoza, egg drop soup, some salad and rice.

We love this place, even if it takes some time for the food to come out!

It's still fahreezing here, hope you have a great week!

3 comments:

K said...

Yum, I love Mabo tofu!

KirkK said...

Great that they use a good amount of Sichuan peppercorn Kat.

K and S said...

me too K:)

first time for me to see THAT much Kirk :)

Take care you two!
Kat