Thursday, April 10, 2014

saturday

This past Saturday, Satoshi's German class started up again.

So, I had my breakfast while I waited for his class to finish.

I checked out The City Bakery. If you remember I ate here on my birthday. I thought I could try their famous pretzel croissants, but they don't sell them THAT early in the morning...boo!

So, I went with their sesame azuki muffin, so good! It seemed like they baked this muffin straight in the tins because there was a slight "crust" to the whole muffin.

I like that the majority of the muffin was sesame seeds and there were only a few beans here and there, giving it a little sweetness. I want to try to re-create this one.

The maple bacon scone was hard.as.rock. but delicious.

With coffee my tab came out close to 1000 yen...a bit pricey.

But, their coffee is good...I'll be back!

After breakfast, I still had a couple of hours to wait, so I walked around and found some sakura on the top of one of the high risers...

Our weather is still krazy. Temps during the day go up really high and then temps at night go really low...

I know, I know... in a couple of weeks I'll be griping about how hot and humid it is...

6 comments:

Kozue said...

Good bakery. I love pretzel croissants, so hopefully when you try it...

Rowena said...

That muffin looks wholesome too - nice breakfast! How long has Satoshi been taking german language classes?

K and S said...

Kozue, I hope to try them soon :)

Thanks Rowena, he's been taking German since college (couple of decades...)

Take care.
Kat

K said...

Yum, that looks like a delicious breakfast!

jalna said...

Couple of decades!! Ach du lieber! That's all the German I know. I think I learned it from Hogan's Heroes.

K and S said...

Thanks K! it was :)

Jalna, you so funny :)

Take care you two.
Kat